MONTISA Exotic Super fine Masland Korai Mat
Masland or Matranchi is a type of Madur or Korai mat. It is highest form of korai mat in terms of quality, making and design. This super artistic work has been developed in the Nawab periods in Bengal. The Masland mat is the perfect gesture of artistic work in the field of handmade floor mats. The process and woven of this type of mats are quite different in contrast to the woven of other types of mat. The height quality of korai reed has been used to make this type of mats. This type of mat is very thin. Like wise ‘Masland Saree’.
This mat is totally handmade. It is very labor oriented work. Mainly women artisans are involved in this artistic work.
- Material: Korai grass/ River grass/ Sedge/ reed/madurkathi, a plant under the Cyperaceae family. The reeds are 1/5 times thin than that of normal ‘Traditional Mat.’
- Size- Length-75 Inch, Width-40 Inch, Weight-500 gm
- This Masland mat is totally handmade, biodegradable and ethnic. Therefore, it is an environmentally friendly product.
- No chemical color has been used to color the threads, consequently, no nasty smell comes.
- This product is the bad conductor of heat as a result ideal for humid conditions like in India.
- This lucrative product can be used for multiple purposes, like sleeping, seating, Yoga practice etc.
- Masland Mat has very aesthetic value in our social life’ it has wide use in marriage and other important ceremonies.